Sunday, August 5, 2007

Grits with Goat Cheese and Chives


Saturday Night Dinner
Originally uploaded by weezienyc.

I made this recipe for dinner in June for the girls during our beach trip. (I'm behind on my posts - I know). Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Grits with Goat Cheese and Chives
Serves 6

2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking grits
1 cup milk
Fresh chives or green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 ounces soft fresh Montrachet goat cheese
1/3 cup sliced fresh chives or green onions

Bring broth, water, and salt to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover; simmer until thickened, stirring often. Add milk and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Add sliced chives and cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with chive pieces.

No comments: