Saturday, September 1, 2007

HELP! Recipe Testers Needed

I tried to make this recipe last week, but wasn't sure whether it needed something added to it or not. It may just be a personal issue as I'm not a fan of Gorgonzola and think this fact tainted my experience. So give it a try and let me know what you think.

Grits with Bacon and Gorgonzola
Serves: 4

3 cups chicken broth
1 cup quick-cooking grits
4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Black pepper, freshly ground
6 slices of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled


Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually add grits, stirring constantly. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until thick (for about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat; stir in the cheese, sour cream, and nutmeg. Divide grits into four servings on plates. Sprinkle with pepper and bacon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah!
Looking at this recipe, I would not use nutmeg with gorganzola. Do you mind if I try it with thyme and/or sage and a few toasted, chopped walnuts?
Veronica "Rani" Sidhu
PS Tell me more about your book. I'm excited for you. Mine-- Menus and Memories From Punjab:Meals To Nourish Body and Soul will be published in late May. (Remember--we have the Andy Smith connection)