Sunday, April 8, 2007

Cookbook Progress

I'm slowly, but surely making some headway on the cookbook. I've been testing a lot of recipes, trying to get at least one chapter in order before I finalize my book proposal. Trying to figure out how to organize the book hasn't been a simple task. I've gone back and forth for weeks on how to categorize the recipes in order to put them into chapters. I've finally made a decision on the chapters and titles and here they are:

  • Morning Grits: Warm and quick dishes served in the early hours
  • Grits at noon: Heartier dishes served at brunch, preferably with Bloody Mary's or Mimosas
  • Evening Grits: Meals starring grits: Some fast, some fancy
  • Shrimp and Grits: Low-country favorites, perfect for all hours of the day
  • Grits on the Side: A collection of side dishes with suggestions for accompaniments
  • Grits and More: All of the other grits recipes that didn’t fit into one of the other chapters

Now that I’ve got the chapters selected, all I need to do is figure out a name for the book.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

EW said...

How about:

-Haute Grits

or...

-Everyday Grits

Eli